The process of planning a wedding is exhilarating and exciting at the same time but also time-consuming. Wedding checklists are a must, but staying on top of yours while still maintaining a well-rounded life that includes hanging out with friends and working other than obsessing over floral arrangements. To help, here is a cheat sheet for our summer brides.
If you’re getting married in May…
- Finish organizing and tallying up your RSVPs (if you haven’t reach from anyone, reach out directly)
- Confirm the time of your hair and make up will be arriving
- Get your marriage license
- If you’re having a destination wedding, double-check all the information you’ll need to have with you and any deadlines
- Handle seating assignments
- Cut and color your hair if desired
- Purchase gifts for your bridesmaids and parents (and help your fiance if he needs it)
- Sketch out a day-of schedule for yourself (What time do you want to wake up? If you don’t want to spend the night with your partner, figure out where you will both be staying…)
If you’re getting married in June…
- Touch base with all of your vendors to make sure you’re on the same page
- Share inspiration photos or a shot list with your photographer
- Go over must play songs with the band or DJ
- Submit information for newspaper announcements
- If you’re going to be making any crafty DIY items, get the majority of them done now.
If you’re getting married in July…
- Finalize your menu
- Finalize the order of your ceremony and readings you’re doing
- Decide who you’d like to ask for the latter and see if they are up to being a part of your big day
- Send a first draft of your day-of schedule to the vendors
- Order programs and menus
- Purchase wedding bands
- Schedule a wedding dress fitting (likely your second)
- Decide what sort of undergarments you want to wear and purchase them
If you’re getting married in August…
- Decide and book locations for rehearsal dinner and the rehearsal
- Start the music conversation (what would you like as a first dance song? Any crowd favorites you definitely want played? Things you don’t want to hear?)
- Do hair and makeup tests to find the right person for the big day.
Summer brides, how are you feeling?