First off, I can’t believe it is already August! Where has the time gone? Before we know it, it’ll be time for the holidays again. As much as time has flown by, at the same time it feels quite slow for me. As you know from my post a few months ago, my boyfriend (and really the man I thought I would marry) and I stopped talking. We thought it would be best for us to grow and to move on. But gosh, it’s been 7 weeks and it kills me every time I think about it! I guess the worst part is when I am lonely or not distracted or better yet when I’ve had a few glasses of wine. The only thing I want to do is call him or text him and tell him I miss him. But, girls we are strong. We will be OK as much as sometimes it feels like we won’t be.
Here are 12 things that I have been trying to do more of now that I have more time for myself.
- Spend more time with yourself.
- Do things you never had time to do.
- Continue to build on those relationships that faded.
- Compliment random people in the street.
- Do things that scare you.
- Stand up for someone.
- Get to know that really shy person at work.
- Add and check things off of your bucket list
- Put yourself out there. And no, I don’t mean on those dating sites. Don’t swipe left and right, be authentic girls. Find someone who will like your personality not who you are based on a profile.
- Find a way to connect with yourself, whether that’s through yoga or running.
- Get your groove back!
This will take time. But you know what makes you happy better than anyone so do more of what makes you giddy, whatever it might be! And once you start, you’ll probably notice changes in yourself. And when it happens, try to remember the feeling. Remember what it took to finally break you out of the gloomy mood you’ve been in.