Photography: Christy Kendall Photography
It’s that time of the year where we are saying goodbye to summer and welcoming fall (with open arms). As much as I love summer, I am ready to put this summer behind me and welcome fall. Although fall doesn’t come for a little while longer here in LA, the leaves will start to change, the sun is setting sooner, the wind is getting cooler and now is the time to start grabbing those sweatshirts and sweaters from the other closet. With the days becoming shorter, the darkness descending hours earlier and the temperatures dropping, you may not be too happy about autumn arriving. Or maybe, quite the opposite, fall might be your favorite season.
Whether you love fall or yearning for summer to last just a little bit longer, here are 5 ways to welcome fall and say goodbye to summer.
- Take an end of summer hike-with the cooling temperatures and changing leaves on the trees it’s the perfect time to get outdoors and enjoy mother nature. I love capturing the change in beauty
- Enjoy fall scented candles. I walked into West Elm yesterday to get a few things for my house, little do you know I walked out with more than just a few things. One of the things that made it to my bag was this wood burning candle. It comes in three different sizes, naturally I got the biggest size since I already know I love the scent. The scent reminds me of living in the mountains and makes it feel a little bit more like fall.
- Get outside and check out festivals in your area or nearby town. There are so many fun fall-themed activities that you can either attend or create. Once Mia is fully vaccinated, I can’t wait to take her to the local pumpkin patch and apple orchard. I’m also looking forward to a hayride, visiting a farm and spending as much time enjoying the colorful change of the outdoors. https://www.everfest.com/california
- Clean out your closet and pack away your summer clothes. This is something I try and do at least once a year. Not only does it leave you feeling refreshed but it clears out some space for new, seasonal clothing.
- Have a backyard s’mores party. Just because summer is over doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy s’mores. With the weather being as warm as it is in the summer, it is less ideal to use the fire pit until the weather starts cooling down. I turned on my fire pit last night and even pulled out the blankets. If you need a cozy blanket, I bought one of these and ending up buying 2 more because I got so many compliments on it! It’s the perfect cozy cable knit throw with faux sheepskin on the inside. Trust me when I say it’s heavenly!