How did you feel when you woke this morning? Maybe you were tired or perhaps even sad. Sometimes life can be stressful, and it can be difficult to get in the morning knowing you have a full day of work ahead of you before you can just relax. Or, maybe getting up before the sun rises is making it difficult for you to feel motivated or inspired in the mornings.
Motivation is a tricky one-sometimes you wake up and you feel on top of the world, ready to take on the day, and sometimes you just want to curl up nder the sheets and stay there.
But don’t stay in bed! There are ways to wake up motivated and feel like you are on top of the world.
- Make a sweet playlist-make a playlist of songs that will pump you up or inspire you so you can listen to them in the morning as you’re getting ready. Not only does it make your morning routine more fun, but you’ll get motivation to keep that groove going.
- Take a moment to acknowledge your accomplishments-This may seem like an easy one but there are so many people who don’t stop to appreciate how far they’ve come before rushing into the next task. Feeling proud of what you’ve done is a great feeling-let it simmer. Every day when you wake think about your accomplishments and allow that feeling to push you to do more.
- Get the housework done at night-You may be thinking why? But think about it, if you wake up with a tank of motivation and walk to your kitchen to find a smelly pile of dishes, that motivation will go right out the window. Clutter can be overwhelming, so take care of it before going to bed. I hate clutter, and waking up to a clean house spikes my motivation.
- Burn-Make it a commitment to yourself to go to the gym at least 3 days a week. We tend to feel inspired when we go to the gym and ultimately get motivated. I find that the best way to fuel your day is to wake up and work out. Fuel your body which leads to fueling your brain.
- Let yourself recharge-It’s great to be determined, but that doesn’t mean you should overwork yourself. You need time to recharge, or you’ll wind up burnt out-and that kills motivation. If you feel like you’re starting to get stressed, give yourself an evening of rest and relaxation so you can wake up feeling motivation and refreshed.
- Think Positively-The fastest way to get rid of any motivation is to have negative thoughts. Positive thinking is incredibly powerful and is essential to waking up and feeling motivated every day. Don’t let yourself be your biggest hurdle. Be your best ally so you can feel prepared to take on any challenge.
If you’ve been reading along, you would know that I went through a break up this year that ultimately altered my world. I found that these 6 tips helped me get back on my feet and made me feel like I was able to get back up on top of the world. If you want to conquer, you will. Be your best ally.
Photography: Christy Kendall Photography